About Me

My photo
I love romance and writing it is one of my greatest pleasures. Along with writing romance, I love sitting back and talking with authors that love romance just as much as I do. Since I've been reading romance since I was sixteen years old I am a book lover that still reads lots of books in a month. So, weekly I will also post my book picks. They may be picks that are new releases or maybe a favorite book of mine. On this blog you will see books featured by ALL romance genres.

WARNING!!!

YOU MUST BE 18 TO READ THIS BLOG. ADULT CONTENT INSIDE!! IF YOU ARE NOT, PLEASE LEAVE NOW!! CLICK HERE.

CURRENT NEWS!!


Yvette Hines is on Twitter @sasseYvetteH or like her on Facebook at Author Yvette Hines
Website: http://yvettehines.com
Follow her on Pintrest: Yvette Hines


Thursday, July 30, 2015

Let's Get Fit with Author Rebekah Weatherspoon

Hello, Rebekah Weatherspoon, welcome to SASSE Sheets. I appreciate you spending the day with us here. I can’t wait to get started with this chat. I will tell you, I feel like I should have done some crunches or planks before sitting down with you. However, I settled for giving my eyes a workout by ogling the sexy men on your covers.  

SASSE: Tell the readers a little about yourselves. How did this writing team come about?

Rebekah: Hi Yvette! Thanks for hunting me down. I’m still a little conference-hungover from RWA15 so I’ll try to make sense. I’ve been writing since 2008, published since 2011. All of my books are multicultural and I guess you could say erotic romance of the New Adult/Adult contemporary and paranormal variety seem to be my thing.

SASSE: What was the first romance book you read that made you think ‘I want to do this.’?

Rebekah: That’s tough. Twilight got me into writing fanfiction, but I wanted to write my own romance fiction after I read a series that had no people of color, but was set in a very diverse part of the country. Myself and other readers asked the author to include more diversity and when she basically refused, I decided I needed to write my own books.

SASSE:  Can you explain to the readers about the Fit Trilogy series? How did you come up with the idea for it?


Get Fit .99
Rebekah: The FIT Trilogy follows three trainers at an exclusive gym in Los Angeles and their adventures in love and kink. Each book features a different couple and all sorts of fun sexy times. Originally I wanted to submit FIT to a larger press for a specific line, but it was rejected. I sat down with it again and crafted it into the story it is now. Then I fell in love with Keira’s character and decided I wanted to give her a book too. I couldn’t leave Armando out so why not THREE BOOKS!

SASSE: Tell the readers about Grant in Fit book one. What was the inspiration for this hero?

Rebekah: Two words. Chris Hemsworth.  
 
SASSE: Tell the readers about Armando Tamed book two. What was the inspiration for this hero?

Rebekah: Armando was always kind of just there. He’s such a sweetheart and ultra sexy. He’s Mexican-American with gay dads. It was fun coming up with his family and giving his life a little more depth.

SASSE: Now bring the readers into the world of your latest and last installment Sated. Share with us about Kiera and Daniel’s romance.

Get Sated .99
Rebekah: Kiera and Daniel were so much fun to write. The actor Daniel Henney inspired Daniel’s character and Kiera is a mash-up of the many black geek girls I hang out with online. I hadn’t read a black geek girl before, so I wanted to give her geekiness it’s time in the sun. Daniel is more laid back than Keira, but her enthusiasm is what he loves about her.

SASSE: What was the most emotional challenging book to write out of the three of them?

Rebekah: SATED, mostly because I had a little break down due to the racially motivated homicides going on here in the US. The story was there, but I was having a hard time focusing. Got a little pep talk from Beverly Jenkins though and I was able to push through and finish the story.

SASSE: When readers read your stories, what is a common theme that you want them to walk away with?
Get Tamed .99
Rebekah: I just want readers to be entertained. I want them to close my books or put down their ereader and let out a happy sigh. That’s all I can ask for.

SASSE: Thank you for sitting down with me and talking about such a wonderful series that I’m ready to give my Kindle a workout with. Tell the readers what is coming next for you.

Rebekah: I just finished the first in a Sugar Daddy/Internet Billionaire novella series. The first book should hit shelves at the end of September. Thank you for having me!!








 Learn more about Rebekah Weatherspoon!

Raised in Southern New Hampshire, Rebekah Weatherspoon now lives in Southern California where writing is one of her many gigs. She writes erotic romance, both paranormal and contemporary, New Adult and Adult. Her BDSM romance At Her Feet won the Golden Crown Literary Award for erotic lesbian fiction and most recently her novella FIT (#1 in the FIT Trilogy) won the Romance Times Book Reviews Reviewers' Choice Award for Best Erotica Novella. You can find out more about Rebekah and her books at www.rebekahweatherspoon.com.

            Website: http://www.rebekahweatherspoon.com/

            Twitter: https://twitter.com/rebekahwsm

            Like her FB Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rebekah-WeatherspoonAuthor/184372138243421
 

Get the Fit Trilogy today! Each story only .99 (bundle at Amazon $2.97)
Kindle

Nook

Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive