About Me

My photo
I love romance and writing it is one of my greatest pleasures. Along with writing romance, I love sitting back and talking with authors that love romance just as much as I do. Since I've been reading romance since I was sixteen years old I am a book lover that still reads lots of books in a month. So, weekly I will also post my book picks. They may be picks that are new releases or maybe a favorite book of mine. On this blog you will see books featured by ALL romance genres.

WARNING!!!

YOU MUST BE 18 TO READ THIS BLOG. ADULT CONTENT INSIDE!! IF YOU ARE NOT, PLEASE LEAVE NOW!! CLICK HERE.

CURRENT NEWS!!


Yvette Hines is on Twitter @sasseYvetteH or like her on Facebook at Author Yvette Hines
Website: http://yvettehines.com
Follow her on Pintrest: Yvette Hines


Monday, June 01, 2015

Shades of Desire: DOROTHY CALLAHAN

Hello SASSE Readers, over the next 10 days I will be hosting a different author in the Shades of Desire into our SASSE World. Join me in learning more about these wonderful authors and their stories in this boxset. Ten titillating tales from USA Today, bestselling and award-winning authors. Step into the world of some of the freshest voices in romance; from spicy secrets to sweet second chances. Get enticed by your perfect shade of desire.
DOROTHY CALLAHAN BRINGS YOU...
A DECADE FOR DARIUS
Jess never forgot her first kiss, especially since it came from the guy who taught her everything she knows about antiques, her livelihood. But if she wins the priceless inheritance, Jess will risk losing Darius Covington all over again.

SASSE: Tell the readers a little about yourself. Why did you decide to be a part of Shades of Desire with your fellow authors?

SoD Author Dorothy: Although I’ve been writing most of my life (including when I was a teenager), I’ve only recently become published. Writing is what I love, along with animals. Most of my stories have a pet in them. I strongly believe in animal rescue, and readers will see that my characters always have pets that they, too, have saved. As far as the box set, I was lucky enough to be invited in when they had a sudden opening. I was thrilled to be part of a group of such wonderful and talented women.

SASSE: How did you come up with this story? What is your story about?  

SoD Author Dorothy:  My story is about finding the right person at the wrong time. Two teenagers that would have dated were torn apart, only to come together again ten years later fighting over the hero’s inheritance... since it was willed it to the heroine, instead. I honestly don’t know where the idea came from, but I LOVE going to antique stores, and I think any man who knows Aikido is pretty hot, so this was a fun way to blend the two!

SASSE:  Do you use celebrity inspiration for your characters? If so, who inspired your hero and heroine?

SoD Author Dorothy: When I start a book, I need to find a hero/heroine that resonates with the character I’m trying to create. In “A Decade for Darius,” in my imagination Darius resembles Ryan Reynolds, but with a Steven Seagal ability to kick butt! For Jessalyn, it was more a matter of Googling a strawberry blonde who looked innocent but sharp. I keep photos nearby to study when I’m working on plot... i.e. “What would a person who looks like this think of this particular situation?” Helps me formulate responses to dialogue/plot twists, etc.

SASSE: Is your story in the boxset part of a series? If it is, where does it fall in the line up?

SoD Author Dorothy: Nope, this one is a standalone.

SASSE: For fun, tell the readers and interesting factoid about you?

SoD Author Dorothy: I started an organization last summer for authors who love animals and support their own causes. It’s called “Read and Rescue,” (http://dorothycallahanaut.wix.com/read-and-rescue) and every author on the site supports animal welfare. Anyone who shops on that page will be donating to a good cause.

As for me personally, I need to live another 100 years so I can try all the things I want to do: karate, fencing, carpentry, writing from home full-time, owning horses... the list goes on and on!

SASSE: Thank you SoD Author, this has been just delightful to sit back with you and learn a little more about you and your story.

Join Dorothy Callahan today as she hosts the FB party. Click to attend: https://www.facebook.com/events/896834417055360/

Learn more about Dorothy Callahan…
Dorothy Callahan lives in New York with her wonderful husband, a pride of demanding cats, and two loyal dogs, all rescued from shelters (well, not the husband). Her love of both animals and writing prompted her to start READ AND RESCUE, an organization where animal-loving authors and readers can find one another. The unique aspect to this group is that each author pledges a portion of proceeds to his/her favorite animal cause.

When Dorothy is not writing, she enjoys shopping for antiques and renovating their pre-Civil War house. If you are interested in learning more about Dorothy or how to help other animals in need, please visit her at dorothycallahan.com, dorothycallahanauthor@gmail.com, Facebook at Dorothy Callahan Author, or Twitter under Dorothy Callahan@Callahanauthor.
            Website:   www.dorothycallahan.com
            Twitter:  @Callahanauthor
            Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6869332.Dorothy_Callahan
            Facebook: Dorothy Callahan Author
 

Get your copy for limited time...99 cents
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Kobo
All Romance eBooks
iBooks

1 comment:

  1. Great interview, Dorothy! And what a wonderful cause--keep up the great work! =)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive