About Me

My photo
I love romance and writing it is one of my greatest pleasures. Along with writing romance, I love sitting back and talking with authors that love romance just as much as I do. Since I've been reading romance since I was sixteen years old I am a book lover that still reads lots of books in a month. So, weekly I will also post my book picks. They may be picks that are new releases or maybe a favorite book of mine. On this blog you will see books featured by ALL romance genres.

WARNING!!!

YOU MUST BE 18 TO READ THIS BLOG. ADULT CONTENT INSIDE!! IF YOU ARE NOT, PLEASE LEAVE NOW!! CLICK HERE.

CURRENT NEWS!!


Yvette Hines is on Twitter @sasseYvetteH or like her on Facebook at Author Yvette Hines
Website: http://yvettehines.com
Follow her on Pintrest: Yvette Hines


Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Jumping on the romance shuttle to do an interview with Evangeline Anderson that is out of this world.


Don't you just love amazing romance series that takes you on a journey, over and over again? Well, then Evangeline Anderson is the author for you!


Hello SASSE Readers, let’s welcome Evangeline Anderson to our SASSE World. Pull up a chair and tell me if you prefer a plate of sushi or worms that taste like chocolate for our little chat.

Evangeline:  Ha--you must be talking about the Grieza worms I feature in several of my Kindred novels. They are fat free, all protein and they taste like dark chocolate. Unfortunately they look like worms but if you can get past that, you've got an unbeatable snack. I love making up weird new foods for my heroines to try in all the Kindred books--it's a little part of every book and who knows what I might come up with next?

SASSE: I will tell you, every time I read about those grieza worms I do want to try them. LOL. I know, call me crazy. Well, now that we are snacking, tell the readers a little about yourself. How did you get into writing? When was that one moment when you felt ‘Oh, my, I’m really a romance writer.’?

Evangeline: Well, I took a writing class at my local community college in 2003 and started writing and submitting and publishing in 2004. I didn't get into self publishing until 2011 and I was able to quit my day job as an MRI tech (though I still work Saturdays to keep my skills sharp) in 2012. I guess that is when I considered myself a full time author. I can pay the mortgage with my writing, so that's my profession.

SASSE: What was the first romance book you read that you just couldn’t get out of your mind; that book that started your “keeper shelf”?

Evangeline: Wow, well I have to say I LOVE JR Ward's Black Dagger series. In fact, I modeled the Kindred series after that. I love how each character gets his or her own book in turn but you still get to see what's happening in the lives of past heroes and heroines. I also love the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlain Harris.

SASSE: How did you get into writing sci-fi romance? Are you a Trekki?

Evangeline: I just write what I love to read! Yes, I'm a Trekki and every other kind of nerd. I have always loved sci-fi and fantasy novels, shows, movies, and books. I don't think I could write a straight contemporary romance novel if I tried. It has to have some kind of weird sci-fi, fantasy, or paranormal twist or element or I'm bored.

SASSE: Tell us how The Brides of the Kindred series got started. Was it originally supposed to be a series or one book?

Evangeline:  It started as a book I couldn't finish. I wrote half of it and put it away for something like 3-4 years before picking it up again. I self published it as an experiment, urged by my good friend Barb who is now my editor. And the series just took off--people loved it. So I started writing more. Originally I planned 4 books but since sci-fi is limitless, the series just grew and grew. I hope I never run out of ideas because I love writing in this world and readers seem to really love reading it.

SASSE: Writing sci-fi might be one of the most difficult genres to write. Your Kindred world is so complex and fun at the same time, what is the most challenging aspect to write?

Evangeline: Oh my, I think that sci-fi is the EASIEST genre to write! Anything you need, you can just make it up. I would never attempt to write historical fiction for instance--there is way too much research involved. But with sci-fi you can let your imagination run away with you. It's endless.

SASSE: What can readers expect next from you? Already at twelve great books, do you know how many books will be in this series?

Evangeline: I'm writing book 13, Cursed, which I hope to have out on Halloween this year. I like the symmetry there since it's the 13th book and the name is Cursed. Cool, huh? And I already have ideas for book 14, although I don't know the name of it yet. But that one will probably come out at the end of 2014 or the beginning of 2015. After that, who knows? The sky is always the limit.

SASSE: Out of the different type of Kindred men you have created, which is your favorite?

Evangeline:  I'd have to say the Blood Kindred since I really have a thing for vampires--so sexy and strong. Sylvan, the hero of Hunted which is book 2, is a recurring character in all the books because he is one of my favorite Kindred. Six, the hero from Enhanced which is book 12 was fun to write too because he was a Dark Kindred and they have no emotions. Until, of course, he started having them all over the place.  I really enjoyed writing all the angst that his journey to personal discovery involved.

SASSE: Thank you, Evangeline, this has been just delightful to sit back with you and learn a little more about you and your story.

Learn more about Evangeline Anderson!

Evangeline Anderson is a registered MRI tech who would rather be writing. And yes, she is nerdy enough to have a bumper sticker that says “I’d rather be writing.” Honk if you see her! She is thirty-something and lives in Florida with a husband, a son, and two cats. She had been writing erotic fiction for her own gratification for a number of years before it occurred to her to try and get paid for it. To her delight, she found that it was actually possible to get money for having a dirty mind and she has been writing paranormal and Sci-fi erotica steadily ever since.

You can find her online at her website www.evangelineanderson.com

Come visit for some free reads and to find out what’s coming soon. You can also connect with her on  FaceBook tweet her on Twitter  or find her pins on Pinterest (check out the Kindred Quotes where readers can suggest quotes from their favorite Kindred books and see them turned into pins with credit given to the finder!)   

Collect them all (books fall in order 1-11)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive