About Me

My photo
I love romance and writing it is one of my greatest pleasures. Along with writing romance, I love sitting back and talking with authors that love romance just as much as I do. Since I've been reading romance since I was sixteen years old I am a book lover that still reads lots of books in a month. So, weekly I will also post my book picks. They may be picks that are new releases or maybe a favorite book of mine. On this blog you will see books featured by ALL romance genres.

WARNING!!!

YOU MUST BE 18 TO READ THIS BLOG. ADULT CONTENT INSIDE!! IF YOU ARE NOT, PLEASE LEAVE NOW!! CLICK HERE.

CURRENT NEWS!!


Yvette Hines is on Twitter @sasseYvetteH or like her on Facebook at Author Yvette Hines
Website: http://yvettehines.com
Follow her on Pintrest: Yvette Hines


Monday, September 08, 2014

IT'S GAME TIME! Let talk romance and football with Alexandra O'Hurley


Hello SASSE Readers, let’s welcome Alexandra O’Hurley to our SASSE World. Pull up a chair and tell me if you prefer Martini or Beer for our little chat.

Alexandra: Hmmm…How about a Mojito instead?  I’ve become a huge fan of Blueberry ones after Aliyah Burke and I went to New Orleans for RT.  I’ll share… promise!

SASSE: Blueberry Mojitos and football, making a note of it for the season. Tell the readers a little about yourself. How did you get into writing? Have you always thought you would be a romance writer?

Alexandra: I was an avid erotic romance reader and I came across a couple of books that were just terribly written and thought to myself, I could even do better than that!  So I put my money where my mouth was and sat down to give it a try.  I’d always loved to write, but poetry had always been my genre of choice prior to that day.  Two weeks later, I had a 60,000 word first draft and I was shocked I’d finished it.

SASSE: What was the first romance book you ever read? What did you think? What was your first impression of the genre?

Alexandra: I couldn’t tell you the title, but it was one of those bodice rippers I actually found in my high school library when I was about 16 or 17.  I was hooked from that day forward.  I had always been an avid reader prior to, but Historical romance really took me away like nothing I’d ever read before.
 
Buy It!

SASSE:  Can you explain to the readers about the Football Fantasies series? How did you come up with this series? Are you a football-aholic? I sure am.

Alexandra: I’m a huge football fan.  I love my Baltimore Ravens and their last season was the catalyst for this series (which had only been meant to be one book at first!).  When the Ravens lost their chances to get into the playoffs for the first time in years, the idea for Sacking the Quarterback was born in those moments.  In my story, our QB Rhett is embroiled in a very public, ugly divorce, and his head’s not in the game.  He’s one of the main reasons his team doesn’t make it to the Big Game and he decides to go back home to his small town to get his head straight—and runs into the very grown up little sister of his best friend, who’d had a crush on him in high school. Although he wants to avoid women at all costs, he’s drawn to her and can’t ignore his desires.

SASSE: If you had to think of a tagline for each of the three books in this series what would it be?

Alexandra: I am terrible at tag lines! Those and blurbs, lol.

            Sacking the Quarterback: He’s home to mend a broken heart only to get sacked by the girl who’d always loved him

            Catching the Pass: Ready to recognize his long-lost NFL dream, he needs her to find the path, yet only wants to get lost in her arms

            Tackling Her Heart: Benched for defending his sister, he runs to paradise, not knowing he’s being chased by the one woman who can handle his dark demons

SASSE: Do the stories need to be read in order?

Alexandra: No, they can be read out of order, but would probably be enjoyed more in.

SASSE: I know that stories are like a parent’s children…you just can’t choose one, however, which of the three stories in the series was your favorite to write? Why?

Alexandra: The final, Tackling Her Heart. The characters just seemed a little richer. All three were a real departure for me. They’re very erotic, focusing on the sensual. I know some of my readers might’ve been shocked.  I’ve always written erotic romance, but these stories bordered on erotica versus romance. Tackling Her Heart was the most erotic of the three.

SASSE: If you could write in any genre that you have never written in before what would it be?

Alexandra: I’ve already written all over the genre map – paranormal, Historical, and contemporary.  I’ve only written one Historical, and I’d love to be able to write more.  The amount of research involved to truly do the genre justice is daunting, though, and I’m already working 12-14 hour days as is.  A lot of my paranormals have Immortal heroes just so I can go back in time and show a little of their past in another era.  That helps satisfy my craving a little. But one day…

SASSE: Thank you Alexandra, this has been just delightful to sit back with you and learn a little more about you and your writing.

Alexandra:  Thank you for having me!

Learn a little more about Author Alexandra O’Hurley

Alexandra is a best-selling author originally from small town Maryland, who moved to Hampton Roads, Virginia when she was still young. An avid reader and poet, she turned to erotic fiction after falling in love with the genre over a decade ago.

When not writing, she enjoys spending time with her older teen, painting, sketching, graphic design, and really loud rock music.

            Website: www.alexandraohurley.com

            Twitter: https://twitter.com/alexohurley

            Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alexandraohurleyerotica

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive