About Me

My photo
I love romance and writing it is one of my greatest pleasures. Along with writing romance, I love sitting back and talking with authors that love romance just as much as I do. Since I've been reading romance since I was sixteen years old I am a book lover that still reads lots of books in a month. So, weekly I will also post my book picks. They may be picks that are new releases or maybe a favorite book of mine. On this blog you will see books featured by ALL romance genres.

WARNING!!!

YOU MUST BE 18 TO READ THIS BLOG. ADULT CONTENT INSIDE!! IF YOU ARE NOT, PLEASE LEAVE NOW!! CLICK HERE.

CURRENT NEWS!!


Yvette Hines is on Twitter @sasseYvetteH or like her on Facebook at Author Yvette Hines
Website: http://yvettehines.com
Follow her on Pintrest: Yvette Hines


Wednesday, September 17, 2014

It is the one-two punch of romance with Mallery Malone.

 
Hello, Mallery Malone, welcome to SASSE Sheets. I appreciate you spending the day with us here. Before we get started with our talk on these tough guys, do you prefer hot wings or veggie platter?

Mallery: It’s a wing thing in my house!

SASSE: Now that we have our fingers dripping and coated with red sauce, tell the readers a little about yourself. If you were not a romance writer, what would be your creative outlet?

Mallery: I would belly dance with an occasional foray into spinning fire.

SASSE: What was the first romance book you ever read? What did you think? What was your first impression of the genre?

Mallery: My first romance was one of those Harlequins from the late 70’s early 80’s. I was a preteen. I thought the guys were jerks. When I came back to it in my twenties I read one by Johanna Lindsey, followed by an Amanda Quick. I was hooked from then on.

SASSE:  Can you explain to the readers about the The Billionaire’s Club: New Orleans series? How did you come up with the idea for it?  Why Nawlins?

Mallery: I have to give the hat tip for the concept to my editor, Monique Patterson. There are Billionaire’s Clubs in Chicago and NYC as well. She had me at Nawlins, though. I’ve always wanted to set a series there. These billionaire clubs are bad boys, best friends, alpha males who are ruthless in love and business. I loved the idea of three guys bonding through brawling. My guys are kings of the ring, masters of money, and legendary lovers, but each one lost the love of their life. When they’re reunited, each one moves heaven and earth to win his woman back.

SASSE: What did you do to understand the fighting world? Any interesting research for it?

Mallery: My grandmother got me hooked on wrestling when I was a kid. Andre the Giant and Abdullah the Butcher were my favorites! These days though, the hubby and I watch lots of MMA fights on Spike TV, and one of my neighbors also fights on an amateur circuit.

SASSE: What was the most emotional challenging book to write out of the three of them?

Mallery: All three of them lost their loves in heartbreaking ways, but I’d say the most emotional one was Power Play, Raphael and Macy’s story. Their heartbreak was pretty gut wrenching, and the way Raphael won her back had me all misty-eyed!

SASSE: When readers read your stories, what is a common theme that you want them to walk away with?

Mallery: Don’t be afraid to take a second chance on love!
 
 
Learn more about Mallery Malone!

Mallery Malone is the author of contemporary and historical romance of all heat levels. An avid reader, she loves to discover new worlds and characters that strike a deep emotional connection.

Mallery lives on the outskirts of Atlanta with her guitar hero husband, several cannibal fish, and two standard poodles who think they are lapdogs. When not working the day job, she spends her time hanging out with friends, people watching, and working on her next writing project.

            Website: www.malerymalone.com
            Twitter: @mallerymalone
            FB Author Page (if you have one): https://www.facebook.com/mallery.malone


1 comment:

  1. OMG I want these books now now now. I love a good romance book and placed in a city that I dream of visiting!!!! Thanks for this blogview and introducing us to Ms. Malone and I think I am gonna become a fan quickly. Also thank u for the goodies you sending us via Yvette

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive