About Me

My photo
I love romance and writing it is one of my greatest pleasures. Along with writing romance, I love sitting back and talking with authors that love romance just as much as I do. Since I've been reading romance since I was sixteen years old I am a book lover that still reads lots of books in a month. So, weekly I will also post my book picks. They may be picks that are new releases or maybe a favorite book of mine. On this blog you will see books featured by ALL romance genres.

WARNING!!!

YOU MUST BE 18 TO READ THIS BLOG. ADULT CONTENT INSIDE!! IF YOU ARE NOT, PLEASE LEAVE NOW!! CLICK HERE.

CURRENT NEWS!!


Yvette Hines is on Twitter @sasseYvetteH or like her on Facebook at Author Yvette Hines
Website: http://yvettehines.com
Follow her on Pintrest: Yvette Hines


Wednesday, February 24, 2016

SPLIT DECISION by Wendy Ely

Sports reporter Grace Avery is up for a promotion, but only if she gets an interview with the notoriously private, heavy weight champion, Rally Brewer. Grace discovers who Rally is beyond the boxing ring. Little does anyone know, as Grace gets Rally to open up, a two-year-old secret is in jeopardy. Is revealing his secret worth gaining Grace's love?


Pre-order your copy today! 

.99 Just for You

The next morning, Grace stood in front of the mirror and wanted to cry. Her nose had grown at least three sizes, and if this continued, the circus would surely be over to recruit her. And it hurt like hell. Not to mention that she couldn’t breathe out of either nostril. Both problems brought her a poor night’s sleep and she had a big day ahead of her. At least her hair looked good with the soft curls swept into a clip. Pretty and professional…until anyone looked at her face.
She grabbed her cell and punched the number listed on the business card. Sucking in her breath, she waited for the ringing to be replaced by a deep, masculine voice. One belonging to…
“Brewer.” Rally Brewer.  She started to swoon but caught herself when he barked an impatient, “Hello?”
Heat burned her cheeks as she stammered out a quick, “Mr. Brewer, this is Grace—the woman with a swollen nose.”
“Oh,” came the reply. After a heartbeat, he continued with, “I’m sorry about yesterday, Grace. I’m sure your clothes are ruined and I insist on paying you for them. Meet me at the motel restaurant for an early lunch.”
A smile spread over her lips as her pulse pounded. Lunch with Rally Brewer? Hell yes! Maybe her career wouldn’t be smashed after all. She tried sounding as nonchalant as she could manage when she said, “Sure. When is good for you?” Hopefully soon, in order for her to make her flight early afternoon.
“Can you meet me now? I have a plane to catch soon.”
“Yes, I can meet you.”
She scribbled the address to his hotel and called a cab. Fifteen minutes later, she flinched at the glances from the taxi driver through the rearview mirror and wished she could strap a giant bandage over her bruised nose. The driver looked at her again and shook his head. Yep, he wanted to know what happened to her. Why didn’t he just come out and ask? She might as well get used to the questions now that she’d left her hotel room.
“I look like shit, huh?” she asked, a calm smile splayed across her lips. “It’s okay. You can say so.”
The driver nodded. “Boyfriend do that to you? I hope the bastard gets what he deserves.”
She laughed. “Actually, no. Someone smacked a door into my face. It was mostly my fault, but he is making it up to me by taking me to lunch right now.”
A thin slice of hair fell down against the man’s wrinkled forehead. “A lunch date, huh?”
“Oh, nothing like that. He wants to pay for my outfit that got ruined.” She motioned to the swollen mound and flinched as a sharp pain raced through her face. “And he might want to apologize, I suppose.”
“Keep your eyes open, dear,” the driver said. “Accidents happen, but they also bring people together. It’s going to happen with you, too.”



B&Nhttp://bit.ly/1HjSlWj
iBookshttp://apple.co/1YnRfgt
Kobohttp://bit.ly/1N24ICy
Google Playhttp://bit.ly/1SSN60a
ARehttp://bit.ly/21bNtce


Learn more about author Wendy Ely and all her books: http://wendyely.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive