About Me

My photo
I love romance and writing it is one of my greatest pleasures. Along with writing romance, I love sitting back and talking with authors that love romance just as much as I do. Since I've been reading romance since I was sixteen years old I am a book lover that still reads lots of books in a month. So, weekly I will also post my book picks. They may be picks that are new releases or maybe a favorite book of mine. On this blog you will see books featured by ALL romance genres.

WARNING!!!

YOU MUST BE 18 TO READ THIS BLOG. ADULT CONTENT INSIDE!! IF YOU ARE NOT, PLEASE LEAVE NOW!! CLICK HERE.

CURRENT NEWS!!


Yvette Hines is on Twitter @sasseYvetteH or like her on Facebook at Author Yvette Hines
Website: http://yvettehines.com
Follow her on Pintrest: Yvette Hines


Friday, March 04, 2016

Shades of Desire 2: The Right Temptation by Diane Escalera

Last thing Nico needs is a broken arm. Worse, now his pal’s kid sister wants to soothe his pain. It’s just like Kayla to play the seductive nurse. She’s always had a thing for Nico. Problem is, Kayla’s not a girl anymore. She’s one hot-blooded woman. And Nico’s body is heating up.

Latin Heat Trilogy, Story Two

Excerpt

Kayla ambled to the kitchen. She opened the refrigerator and perused it. Not bad. He had a few things she could work with. “What do you normally eat?”

“Grilled chicken, brown rice and broccoli,” he said without missing a beat.

Kayla laughed at his bland regimen. “I had a feeling.”

“Well, I try to take care of my body.”

“So I see.” Her gaze skittered over his physique. Whatever he did worked magically delicious.

“Although lately, I’ve been pigging out like a fat kid,” he said, with a disgusted look. “That’s what happens when you’re bored to death.”

She had a cure for his restlessness. The thought made her thighs go up in flames. Kayla shoved her head inside the cool refrigerator and peered into several plastic containers. “Some of this looks good.” She could’ve taken the easy way out, but she preferred to make something fresh, show off a little bit.

“It is. But I had so much of it already.” He puffed out his cheeks.

How adorable. She found everything he did entertaining. Kayla shut the fridge and, without asking, opened the cupboards. She found one with canned goods and food staples. “Hmm,” she mumbled, scanning the contents. She’d have to improvise. “You like omelets?”
Nico’s face lit up. “I love me some eggs.”

“Cool. I’ll whip up some veggie omelets.”

“You don’t have to cook for me, you know.”

She had a weakness for nursing people back to health. She had a weakness for one man named Nico. 

The combination of the two pulled on her heartstrings. “I want to,” she said, setting aside her personal agenda.

“Don’t you have something better to do than hang out with an invalid? I’m not a barrel of laughs right now.”

Good time to gauge his interest. She locked eyes on him. “Why? You want me to leave?”

“It’s not that,” he said. Nico strode to the kitchen. He took one of her long curls and tugged on it. “I just don’t want you to waste your free time.”

She wanted to close her eyes, bottle his woodsy scent. Kayla palmed his solid chest. The touch sent a shocking bolt through her already-charged system. She kept her hand there, reveling in the feel of his potent masculinity. “Who says I’m wasting my time?”

Nico closed the space between them. Too bad his bulky cast kept their bodies from totally connecting. Several inches taller, he stared down at her with pure intensity. The heat level shot up so fast she thought they’d set off the smoke alarm in the kitchen. Kayla tilted her head back and shook her wild curls off her face. He helped by sliding a few fingers into her hair. Her heart practically jumped out of her chest. Kiss me. She’d waited years for this.

His body trapped her against the counter. Kayla shifted her position so she could feel the full force of his strength without the barrier of his injured arm. Oh God. He had an erection. Her hip acted alone and pressed up against it. She swore she heard him moan. Wait. That was her.

“Kayla,” he muttered, in a voice huskier than before.

Kiss me. She tried to send a telepathic message.


 Learn more about Diane

Born and raised in the Bronx, NY, Diane Escalera makes her home in coastal North Carolina. The sultry surroundings are a steady source of inspiration for her hot love stories. Diane is married, has two children and a super cute dachshund she can’t get enough of. She writes contemporary romance and is published with Kensington Publishing and Lyrical Press.


This story can be yours along with 11 others for only 99cents...limited time offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive