About Me

My photo
I love romance and writing it is one of my greatest pleasures. Along with writing romance, I love sitting back and talking with authors that love romance just as much as I do. Since I've been reading romance since I was sixteen years old I am a book lover that still reads lots of books in a month. So, weekly I will also post my book picks. They may be picks that are new releases or maybe a favorite book of mine. On this blog you will see books featured by ALL romance genres.

WARNING!!!

YOU MUST BE 18 TO READ THIS BLOG. ADULT CONTENT INSIDE!! IF YOU ARE NOT, PLEASE LEAVE NOW!! CLICK HERE.

CURRENT NEWS!!


Yvette Hines is on Twitter @sasseYvetteH or like her on Facebook at Author Yvette Hines
Website: http://yvettehines.com
Follow her on Pintrest: Yvette Hines


Monday, August 25, 2014

A SASSE Interview with Deatri King-Bey



Hello, Deatri King-Bey and welcome to my SASSE little world.

SASSE: Deatri, tell the readers a little about yourself. How did you get into writing? Have you always thought you would be a romance writer?

Deatri: I was a late bloomer to writing. I’ve always been a reader and storyteller. As children, we entertained ourselves by making up stories and I never grew out of it. I became an author after I came upon several bad books in a row. I was in the bookstore with my sister and complained about the quality of books as of late. She said if I thought I could do better, I should write. Two months later, I had finished my first book of many. Granted, the technique sucked, but it had a great story!

SASSE: What was the first romance book you ever read? What did you think? What was your first impression of the genre?

Deatri: I was twelve, maybe thirteen and I can’t remember the name. I was so confused about the sex scenes because they didn’t use the actual words. My grandmother didn’t allow flowery speaking. Penis, vagina… you get the picture. But I liked the story of the couple falling in love. I just wanted the couples to fall in love with more action happening around them. Probably why I write so much romantic suspense.

SASSE:  Can you explain to the readers about For Keeps? Since this book follows The Impossible Possible…will it be a series, more books to come?

Deatri: The hero in For Keeps is the brother of the heroine from The Impossible Possible, but this is not part of a series. Readers fell in love with Jarvis and demanded his story. Jarvis isn’t your typical hero who has the prestigious job, expensive cars and suits. Well, I guess he’s typical in the manner that he’s extremely handsome. The hero comes from a large family, so there will be additional titles. Each will be a stand alone book.

SASSE: Bring us into the world of your latest release For Keeps. Introduce the readers to Gina and Jarvis. What inspired you to write this couple?

Deatri: Gina Guy’s daughter witnessed a murder. Now the murderer is after the little girl. Child Protective Services is manipulated into the picture, and Jarvis Martin, a manager within the agency, steps in to protect the Guys’ rights. From the moment Gina meets Jarvis, she feels she can depend on him, but life has proven to her that the only person she can count on is Gina. Will they be able to stop the murderer? Can Jarvis earn her trust and love?

SASSE: What was the most emotional challenging scene to write in the book?

Deatri: This book was inspired by true events. I know someone who almost had her child taken from her over some nonsense. So just the thought that someone could come in and take a child out of a happy home was very draining. Sometimes it feels like the system takes children from the good parents and ignores the horrible ones. But we need the system. We just need it improved.

SASSE: If you could write in any genre that you have never written in before what would it be?

Deatri: I actually write in the genres I want. Granted, I’m not published in all of them, but I do write in other genres. I’m currently writing an urban fantasy. I’m doing research on a historical. I have two sci-fi stories in mind and so much more. Yeah. I’m everywhere.

SASSE: Deatri, I would like to thank you for sitting down with me and opening up to me and the readers about your new book. Much success and keep them coming!

Deatri: THANK YOU for having me. I appreciate it and had a good time.
 
Buy For Keeps:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble (coming soon)
 
Learn more about Author Deatri King-Bey 

 Winner of multiple Emma Awards, Deatri King-Bey is best known for her romance characters not fitting the typical romance mold. She also writes dangerously-sexy suspense as L. L. Reaper.

            Website: http://www.DeatriKingBey.com
            Twitter: @DeatriKingBey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive